La Comisión Fulbright del Ecuador nos a hecho llegar una oferta de trabajo como asesora académica para EducationUSA en Guayaquil. Aquellos interesados deben escribir a: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institution: EducationUSA Advising Center- Centro Ecuatoriano Norteamericano (CEN)
Position: EducationUSA Educational Adviser (Full time)
Application deadline: 1/31/2015
Starting Date: 04/20/2015
The EducationUSA Center in Guayaquil, located at the Centro Ecuatoriano Norteamericano (CEN), seeks a qualified individual to fill the full time position of EducationUSA Adviser. Training will be provided.
EducationUSA is a network of advising centers in 170 countries that assist international students to find accurate, comprehensive, and current information about how to apply to accredited U.S. colleges and universities. EducationUSA advisers and staff work with U.S. higher education professionals to promote international student enrollment. EducationUSA also helps promote study abroad opportunities for U.S. citizens. www.EducationUSA.info.
Qualifications: Direct experience with the U.S. system of higher education. Graduate education required with either undergraduate or graduate education from a U.S. university, preferably in the areas of counseling, education, language, international affairs, information science, social sciences and humanities, or areas related to business. Knowledge of the U.S. and Ecuador educational systems. Proficiency in English and Spanish. Excellent writing skills in English are required. Experience in advising or university administration, with international students and professionals is helpful.
Competent computer skills: word-processing, e-mail, power point, use of Excel spreadsheets and databases. Ability to manage Social Media: (website, Facebook, Blogs, Twitter); familiarity with on-line conferencing tools such as Skype, GoToMeeting or other.
Managerial skills: planning, budgeting, supervising, and training. Multi-tasker. Other skills and attributes: interviewing, oral presentations, proposal and report writing, and customer service oriented.
Responsibilities: The Educational Adviser, in coordination with the EducationUSA Country Coordinator and/or Regional EducationUSA Advising Coordinator, carries out the following educational advising functions. The employee works in collaboration with and under the general supervision of the EducationUSA Country Coordinator.
1. Provide educational advising services to students, scholars and professionals seeking to study in the United States. Information is provided in person, and via e-mail, website, social media and telephone in both Spanish and English.
2. Participate in the planning and implementation of special advising programs such as pre-departure orientations, outreach programs, in-country training for new advisers, and country workshops and approved university fairs.
3. Foster opportunities for interaction between departing and returning students and scholars; use returning grantees and alumni as resources.
4. Provide information on education in Ecuador, in English for U.S. university representatives or other non-host country inquiries.
5. Produce educational advising materials, such as handouts and site lists for specific fields of study.
6. Aid in maintaining contacts with individuals and organizations engaged in educational advising in and outside the U.S.
7. Assist in providing research service for office and country coordination inquiries.
8. Assist in maintaining liaison functions with the Fulbright Commission and other agencies.
9. Aid in developing business plans, annual plans, budgeting, marketing, funding requests, and strategic planning for income-generating activities.
10. Maintain and report statistics on center users and activities
11. Maintain a database of advisees.
To Apply: Please send resume/curriculum vitae, cover letter explaining interest in the position, and contact information for two references to: Country Coordinator for Educational Advising, by e-mail to email@example.com